Drupal Training for Developers and Site Administrators - Drupal Training
Drupal Training Overview
Drupal Training For Developers, Site Builders and Designers
Master Drupal 8 with our range of Drupal training. Our Drupal courses cover the skills required by developers, site administrators and content editors.
- Site builders or site administrators are people using Drupal and its array of third party modules to build web applications for themselves or clients or who have to maintain a Drupal site,
- Content editors or content creators are people need to create and manage content. Skills required are organising content, content workflow and how to create new content types.
- Back end developers are developers who need to create modules, extend Drupal or leverage Drupal's rest API to provide services to a range of front-ends.
- Front end developers are UI designers who want to create amazing looking web pages to engage customers and site users to ensure that the site is effective at reaching its goals.
|Drupal Back End Developer Training (Module)||5||R25,000|
|Drupal Front End Developer Training (Theming)||3||R18,000|
|Site Builder/Site Administrator Training||3||R16,000|
|Content Manager Training||3||R14,000|
What our alumni have to say about our training
Training was very practical and I liked the troubleshooting skills demonstrated which will help me greatly at work- Kaofela :: Botswana Revenue Services
Very pleasant training that covered a broad range of topics which exceeded expectation- Jason :: SEDA
I loved the relevance of the training content towards my daily work and improved knowledge for making relevant recommendations- Mayshiya :: Auditor General
Thanks for everything, experience was great and worth every cent.- Leeto :: ABSA
The training was great and opened interesting channels that I never knew existed.-Thato :: FNB
I loved the practical examples and channels explored plus the instructor created an engaging environment- Saleha :: Bankserv Africa
Training was structured to be accommodative to everyone and the trainer went the extra mile for us as students- Boiphelo :: FNB
More than enough to take with and implement, training was informative and practical which was the best part- Thabiso :: Affinity Health
I would just like to say thank you for the incredible training experience. The professionalism and quality of training offered by Jumping Bean is first-class- Wade :: Allan Gray
Drupal Developer Training Courses
Drupal Back-End Developer (Modules)
- Module Initialisation
- Create an Info File for a Module
- Define Permissions for a Module
- Module Structure
- Service Container
- Dependency Injection -understanding service container
- Create service container
- Configure Service Container
- Discover and Use Existing Services
- Extending Drupal
- Implementing hooks,
- Discover Existing Hooks
- Define and Invoke a New Hook
- Plugin types
- Plugin Managers
- Plugin Discovery
- Plugin Factories and Mappers
- Plugin Derivatives
- Define a New Plugin Type
- Subscribe to an Event
- Discover Existing Events
- Dispatch an Event
- Important APIS
- Render API
- Use Render Element Types in a Render Array
- Use #access to Show/Hide Elements in a Render Array
- Render API Callback Properties
- Use Lazy Builders and Placeholders
- Render Pipeline
- Define a New Render Element Type
- Generate URLs and Output Links
- Render API Renderers
- Cache API
- Add Cache Metadata to Render Arrays
- Add Classes and HTML Attributes to Render Arrays
- Get Information about the Current User
- Entity API
- Entity Types
- Configuration Entity
- Content Entity
- Field API
- Field Types
- Field Widgets
- Field Formatters
- Field API Hooks
- Forms API
- Form API Life Cycle
- Define a New Form Controller and Route
- Add Input Elements to a Form
- Validate Form Input
- Handle Submitted Form Data
- Alter an Existing Form with hook_form_alter()
- Retrieve and Display Forms
- Use Ajax with Forms
- Site config security
- Writing secure code
- Cache API secure usage
- Render API
Drupal Front-End Developer (Theming)
- Theme Set up and Usage
- Install and Uninstall Themes
- Configure Your Environment for Theme Development
- Structure of a Theme
- Describe Your Theme with an Info File
- Fast by Default
- Theming concepts
- Define and use custom regions in a theme
- Work with theme configuration
- Working with stylesheets
- Working with Breakpoints in a theme
- Build a sub-theme from a base theme
- Templates and pre-process functions
- Twig syntax
- Build and customize core templates for managing markup
- Working with template suggestions
- Write template pre-process functions for overriding custom output
- Use form alter and template suggestions alter
- Layout configuration
- Create and configure blocks for building layouts
- Create and configure views for building content list pages, blocks and feeds.
- Configure and use responsive image module.
- Analyze and resolve site performance issues arising from site configuration.
- Analyze and resolve site performance issues arising from custom theme.
- Analyze and resolve security issues arising from site configuration.
- Analyze and resolve security issues arising from site custom theme
Drupal Site Builder & Content Manager Training
Drupal Site Builder
- Installing Drupal
- Working with a Drupal site.
- Introduction to the administration panel and tools used for site management
- User and account management
- Content modeling
- Model content using content types and vocabularies.
- Configure and manage comment types and comments.
- Configure and manage block types and blocks.
- Configure and manage contact forms.
- Configure and use multilingual content and interface.
- Configure and manage menus, menu items and menu blocks.
- Site display
- Control the display of content across various regions of the site using the block system.
- Provide different presentations of content entities (like nodes, comments, user profiles, terms, etc.) for editing or viewing.
- Create, manage and display lists of content using Drupal views.
- Site configuration
- Use the various options related to site configuration like account settings, content authoring, development, search, site and system settings, media.
- Use the configuration and synchronization options to import, export, compare configuration across environments.
- Community and contributed projects
- Module and theme management
- Add, update, and remove contributed modules.
- Add, update, and remove contributed themes.
- Security and performance
- Identify security issues resulting from site configuration.
- Identify performance issues resulting from site configuration
- Patching and updating
Drupal Content Manager
- Drupal content editor admin panel
- Configuration/Set up
- Capturing content
- Content types
- Overview of content types
- Default content types
- Relate content through terms, tags, internal linking, external linking and content references
- Customising existing content types
- Configuring fields
- Adding, removing or hiding fields
- Creating new fields types
- Creating new content types using the UI
- View overview,
- Creating views to organise content,
- Creating blocks and Menus with views
- Content Display
- Understand and use blocks
- Understand and use menus and menu items
- Managing Users
- Roles and Permissions,
- Input formats,
- WYSIWYG configuration and settings
- Content publishing workflow
- Managing revisions
- URL path settings
- Manage problem users and spam
- Manage content meta data
Jumping Bean is an open source integration and training company that has been delivering solutions to customers for over 20 years.
Our services include:
We build long relationships with our customers which helps us better understand their needs and offer customised solutions and training to meet their business requirements.
Our clients include large and small businesses in South Africa and across the globe. We offer both remote and on-site support.
Passion for Technology
We are passionate about open source and love living on the bleeding edge of technology innovation. Our customers lean our our practical experience with emerging technologies to ensure they get the benefits of early adopters and avoid the pitfalls.
Contact Us Anchor Tag
Jumping Bean Contact Form!